Tuesday

Location Blog

I recently found this blog of film location scout, Nick Carr.

"For the past four years, I’ve worked as a New York City location scout finding locations for feature films. I’ve been pretty much everywhere, from the highest rooftops to the deepest subway tunnels, from abandoned ruins to zillion-dollar luxury penthouse apartments.
What always amazes me about New York is how much there is to see if you take the time to look. Every street has a hidden gem or two, and yet they go largely ignored by thousands of passersby daily who simply don’t have the time to pay attention.
As it happens, my entire job consists of paying attention, and I’ve started this blog to keep a record of what I see."

There are some amazing images on there, as well as stories about his own student days, I found it really interesting to read and it's definately inspired me to keep a look out for locations.

This story made me smile, I've never been to New York, but there's stuff like this everywhere and we know nothing about them.

No comments: